Ball Valve Types
The most common type of ball valve is two-way, which allows linear flow from inlet to outlet. Three-way and four-way ball valves, on the other hand, allow flow in multiple directions, including 90-degree angles. The four main body styles include fully welded, three-piece bodies (side entry or end entry), split, and top entry. The operation of each type of valve is essentially is the same. Ball valves are available with three basic types of orifice: full port ball valve, reduced port (standard port) ball valve, and V port ball valve.
What are Floating Ball Valves?
As the name suggests, floating ball valves use a through-size ball-free structure to close off a cross-section of pipe and stop the flow of fluid. Now, the main feature of a floating ball valve is that the ball is not supported by the structure, so it remains suspended in the fluid and is held in place by the valve seat.
How do Floating Ball Valves work?
Normal floating ball valve fully open, both sides of the unobstructed valve, forming a straight pipe channel, two-way seal, with the self-cleaning performance of the best features, suitable for particularly unclean, two cutting off occasions containing fiber media. Ball core in the process of opening and closing the valve is always friction with the valve, at the same time, the seal between the spool and the seat is achieved by the seat pressure to the ball core pre-tight sealing force, but because of the soft seal seat its excellent mechanical and physical properties, making its seal is particularly good.
What are V Ball valves?
V ball valves also called semiball valves, provide non-clogging, high capacity, straight-through flow control of fluids containing pulp and paper feedstock or slurry and fluids containing suspended solids or fibrous materials. V ball valves are also called V-notch ball valves or segmented ball valves that combine the toughness of a globe valve with the efficiency of a rotary valve, with a “V” seat or a “V” ball, where the shearing action between the ball and seat gives smooth, non-clogging operation and prevents the slurry or slurry from dragging between the ball and its seal. This type of valve is also known as a control valve as the flow rate needs to be controlled according to the application.
How do V Notch Ball valves work?
V-notch edge, cut off impurities. During the rotation of the ball, the V-notch edge of the ball cuts against the seat, thus cutting off the fibers and solids in the fluid, while the general ball valve does not have this function, so it is easy to cause the fiber impurities to stuck when closed, bringing great inconvenience to repair and maintenance. The spool of the V-ball valve is not stuck by the fiber. In addition, because of the flange connection, it is easy to disassemble and install, no special tools are required, and maintenance is simple. When the valve is closed, the V-notch and the seat produce a covenant scissor effect and have both a self-cleaning function and prevent the ball spool from jamming, and the valve body, cover, and seat adopt a metal point-to-point structure respectively, and in addition, a stem spring with a small coefficient of friction is used, so the operating torque is small and very stable.
When the V-notch ball valve is closed and starts to open, the small end of the “V” opens first. This allows for consistent flow control at this stage. This design usually requires a more robust construction, as higher fluid velocities can damage standard valves. Although a control valve, the V-port valve is not as precise as a globe valve, pressure regulating valve, balancing valve, or needle valve
Applications of V Ball valves
V Ball valves are used in many applications and markets. These can include transfer and storage, gas handling, and industry to name but a few. V-port ball valves are also commonly used in water treatment, food processing, acid transfer, agriculture, bleach, acid leaching, waste treatment, and pharmaceuticals.
Advantages of V Ball valves
- 1. More Efficiency
- V ball valve with the efficiency of a quarter turn ball valve and the traditional characteristics of a globe valve.
- 2. High Flow Capacity
- The V-port design allows the media to flow directly through the valve without turning, which minimizes the pressure drop across the valve. The V-ball valve also has a higher flow coefficient (Cv) than other similar-sized control valve types; this means that the same flow rate can be achieved with a smaller V-ball valve as with a similar control valve of a larger size. For medium flow is unobstructed, helping to reduce cavitation, turbulence, and erosion of the valve.
- 3. High Shut-Off Pressure
- V-ball valves feature a quarter turn (90°) of the ball, allowing them to operate and close at higher operating pressures. Because of this, smaller, low-torque actuators can be used, resulting in cost savings and increased efficiency in the user’s application.
- 4. Bubble Tight Shut-Off
- The V ball valve is designed as a “floating ball principle”, which not only has the function of regulating flow control but also provides bubble-tight closure. When the valve is closed, upstream pressure pushes the ball against the downstream seat, thereby strengthening the seal. These valves can control or shut off flow in both directions, which proves particularly effective in gas applications. v-port ball valves eliminate the need for additional valves, saving the user money and reducing the overall number of components in the system.
- 5. Longer service life
- Less wear on the sealing surfaces of the ball and seat due to reduced surface contact.
Know about the ball valve suppliers
ZECO Valve is one of V Ball Valve Manufacturers and suppliers of automation and information technology, products, and solutions.
We offer floating ball valves and V-notch ball valves. Please feel free to contact us if you need them! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Tags :
Ten articles before and after
High pressure valve, WCC gate lvave – Titanium ball valves supplier china,Cryogenic Globe Valve manufacturers china,C95800 butterfly valve in china,Bellow sealed globe valve factory,inconel 625 globe valve company | Professional valve manufacturer
stainess steel butterfly valve,triple offset butterfly valve – Titanium ball valves supplier china,Cryogenic Globe Valve manufacturers china,C95800 butterfly valve in china,Bellow sealed globe valve factory,inconel 625 globe valve company | Professional valve manufacturer